Sunday, August 9, 2009

4 days till I fly

Keeping this blog up to date has not been something I have been able to do obviously.

So whats happened in the last two months.

I had the loan 1400GTR from Kawasaki Australia but we had a slight fall over.
http://farriders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1294.0

I have just emailed KMA and canceled our agreement for my use of Ruku as a major part of their sponsorship support. I am unable to financially accept the risk attached to the agreement given the recent accident and the high excess. I will find the money this time but am not in a position to accept that ongoing risk financially.


I will be doing a oil and filter change at Charleston SC after I cross the US for the 50CC Gold all going well. Fellow Concours owners are helping me here and I am staying with one, Tom at Charleston SC.

The tyres on Roo will get me across the US and to Checkpoint #1 at St Charles IL
I will also do a oil change at St Charles mainly because I will have time while tyres are being done. This is being done by more Concours owners and they already have the tyres (I bought and had collected) and oil, filter.

Oil in both cases was organised by John Warrian who is one of my longest serving sponsors of Fuchs Silkolene lubricants.

There has been some discussion on when to change tyres elsewhere but my view is this. You either run with some hard compound tyres that will be crap in the mountains and wet roads or change tyres.
As I will be fresher at Check #1 I will do it then. Many are doing it at #2 . If you need to change why do it when you are tired and under more pressure.

No comments: