Thursday, August 13, 2009

Today is Fly Day - even though its Thursday

In mid April 2008 this day seemed so far away it was almost like a dream

As the months progressed all the little bits of this and that needed started to fall into place. Like a long ride you break it all down into "doable" chunks or as I say "chunk it down"

There is no problem so insurmountable that you can't break it down to something you can achieve.

So today all that has finished, well until I actually get onto my Kawasaki 1400GTR and ride. I have not seen the bike since the end of May, I have not ridden at all in the last 6 weeks (I had a loan bike for a while)

Today my ever supportive wife will drive with me to Brisbane, I will catch a flight to Sydney then onto LAX. I have never left Australia before, this is huge on my scale of things to do. It's "on my bucket list"

I have not even thought about the fact I am going to see lots of North America, although I obviously will. To me its all about the road.

After all .......... it's just a road

Thanks to everyone for the emails and support over the time. It's great each morning to read them all.

If you are reading this on Facebook it's because FB grabs it from my Blog. A link to all that is here

Wish me well, take care all.

David "Davo" Jones

2 comments:

Clintsc9 said...

Here's wishing you well when you get here Davo.

Above all, take time to just enjoy the experience.

Clint and Charleen

Clintsc9 said...

Oh - nearly forgot.

KEEP RIGHT !!!