Monday, August 17, 2009

The US let me in

I guess they have lower standards than I thought, they let me into the country without a problem.

Got to LA at 4:30pm Thursday the 13th, now that's funny as I left Australia at about that time and date, time zones are interesting. After a walk about the airport and a sit and chat (yep that's me Davo havachat) I boarded the flight to Portland OR and arrived there at 11:20pm on the 13th.

All went to plan, Jeff and his wife collected me and up to their place we drove, lucky we had no accidents as they all drive on the wrong side but it all works out ok as they sit on the wrong side of the car as well.

Friday was spent doing things on the bike, lights to fit, new GPS to get sorted and fitted but it all went well. Rode for the first time here and went to get my new heated jacket liner from Warm & Safe, Mike even wired it for me, great product and people.

That night we had a BBQ and food was excellent.

Saturday (its Sunday now) spent more time working on the bike and went out for dinner.

Now it's Sunday, had to sort out the mobile phone as I had the new GPS updated with new maps finally (took almost 24hrs to download) although the Garmin 2820 is bluetooth I am without a cable so had to fit the bluetooth adapter to the Starcom. So off with the aux tank, off with the panniers, off with the seat again and got that done. Still no good, I can hear phone calls but not mic. Will look at it in a few days.

In the next hour or two I will ride with Jeff across to the coast where I will start my 50CC Gold from. That's across the country in this case Seaside OR to Charleston SC a distance of 2995 miles under 50 hours hence its name 50 hours coast to coast.

So no more from me for a few days, talk to your all from the east coast of the US.

1 comment:

Mohamed Ali said...

$$$ GENUINE LOAN WITH 3% INTEREST RATE APPLY NOW $$$.
Are you in need of a Loan to pay off your debt and start a new life? You have come to the right place were you can get your loan at a very low interest rate. Interested people/company should please contact us via email for more details.

E-mail: shadiraaliuloancompany1@gmail.com