Sunday, August 9, 2009

Preparations done

I have everything sorted that I can.

Bike is insured in the US, travel insurance is done plus other paperwork stuff.

I have had a new supporter come on board which means that I will be swapping the Hella driving lights now on Roo for a pair of Visionx HID driving lights. Neil the Australian importer gave me a really good price so I had to do it.

WarmnSafe a US based company have also offered me a great deal on a heated jacket liner so it looks like I will be cozy and warm if it gets cold.

I now have two Garmin GPS units, both Street Pilots, a 2730 and a 2820 which has bluetooth so I can connect my mobile (cell) phone.

I have a US SIM card in my phone so I have a US cell number already.

I fly into LAX late afternoon of the 13th (yeah the same time I leave, funny with time zones) and then jump a Alaska airlines flight to Portland OR where Jeff will pick me up. Jeff has had my bike since it landed a few weeks ago.

dats about it...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How mush riding you been doing and anything special to be prepared for staying to the right when you get really tired? Looking forward to watching your ride. Good luck.

Davo said...

Dan I am in the Iron Butt Rally, that itself is approx 11,000 miles in 11 days. Before I get to the start location I am doing a 3,000 miles across the country ride under 50hrs. All up probably 15,000 miles while there