Tuesday, May 19, 2009

One week to go

Roo ships in a weeks time.

Update:
I did the fuel pump removal and pulled it apart, there is nothing in the workshop manual that says you can do this and you can not buy the parts separately. It was the filter screen inside the pump that was the problem, removed, cleaned and bike performed faultlessly over the 3000klms this past weekend. Link to what I did.

I upgraded the light globes to Phillips +80 E-xtreme Power, H4's for the headlights and H7's for the Hella FF50's. VERY happy with the result and light increase.

Sorted out a niggling problem with audio from my GPS, pulled the cig/speaker fitting apart and soldered the audio straight into it and then instead of having the power come from the cig lighter fitting I hard wired it to constant battery power.

Tomorrow I ride to Brisbane for some minor alterations to my seat, get new tyres and then back home. Thursday Roo gets its final service before I leave. This weekend will be filled with cleaning and final loading tests.

Next Wednesday I ride 1100klms down to Sydney, get a pic with the Australian Kawasaki manager Robert Walker and overnight at a mates place.

Thursday I ride it to the container depot and get it ready to load. Once done I go and collect Ruku (Kawasaki's 1400GTR) then ride home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You write great ride reports. Sure would be nice if you could post real time reports during the IBR - you IBR riders have a lot more fans than you realize but it's a lousy sport to be a fan - the sidelines are way too big. Please feel free to contact me if you need any assistance in the Portland / Pac NW area. I feel like I should tag along with you for the last 3 days yelling "stay right".